Food is the basic substance that our body requires for its well being and survival. Eating healthy food can do a lot at all stages of life. Eating healthy diet not only strengthens your body physically but it is also effective in improving your mood and sense of wellbeing. There are certain foods that are known to boost your mood when you are depressed and tired.
Mood Booster Foods:
By eating foods that are high in vitamin B, C, D and minerals such as iron, magnesium, folic acid, moega-3 fatty acids, calcium, you not only find increase in your energy, but in many a times you feel elated and happy especially when you are nervous, depressed and feel low. Include vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean meat, in your diet regularly. They are best foods that support you mentally as well as physically throughout life.
Here are some of the happiness promoting foods:
- Fish: Fish is rich source of omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 is known to improve the function of brain, especially the area of brain which is in charge of giving a feeling of satisfaction and pleasure.
- Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamin B complex as well as folic acid. Besides they also contain iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium in graded quantity. All these nutrients are known to reduce the level of stress hormone and also help to induce sound sleep.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is the ultimate of all mood booster foods. It is not only about the treat, but dark chocolate is tried and tested remedy for boosting mood because it stimulates production of serotonin, a anti-depressant hormone. If you feel anxious, stressed or depressed, eat one dark chocolate and experience the difference in your mood.
- Shiitake mushrooms: This Asian variety mushroom is flooded with vitamin B6. Also known as pyridoxine, this vitamin is beneficial in improving mood.
- Nuts: Many people feel cramps in their muscles, sleeplessness, irregularity of heart rate, restless leg syndrome etc. Most of these symptoms develop due to lack of magnesium mineral. Nuts such as almonds, pistachio, walnuts are rich source of this mineral. Eating them provides much needed mood alteration, from low feeling to elation.
- Bananas: Bananas are available in almost all part of world. This common fruit has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin C and B6. Besides it contains fructose. All these elements and substances are useful in elevating your mood.