Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Hair loss is normal in people. The normal cycle of the growth of a normal person’s hair often lasts for two to three years, and it is quite normal to shed a few strands of hair every day. However, there are some people who experience excessive hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Thyroid disorders
- Some medicines
- Certain infections
- Other underlying diseases such as diabetes, lupus and others
Fortunately, there are a lot of natural remedies that promote hair growth and treat hair loss. One of these herbal remedies is the olive oil.
Olive Oil for Hair Loss Treatment
People who are suffering from hair loss can find relief in natural treatments that uses olive oil. Olive oil is one of the healthiest and most useful oils there is, and now people can use them to treat alopecia that prevents hair from further shedding and makes it faster for people’s hair to grow.
How to Use Olive Oil for the Hair
- Use high-quality virgin olive oil. This type of oil is at its purest and most natural form and has little to no additives and chemicals.
- Use around three to four tablespoons of oil and pour it into a cup or to a small container.
- After dampening hair in the shower, gently massage the olive oil through the damp hair.
- For best results, it must be applied deeply into the scalp.
- Olive oil works even better when mixed with other substances such as grape seeds and avocado.
Olive oil for hair conditioning is also widely used as well as for an ingredient for skin exfoliation and as a healthy choice of oil in the kitchen.