Overactive Bladder Syndrome Symptoms
The manifestations of an over active bladder are
- Increased frequency of urination
- Urgency to urinate,
- Increased urination at night
- The dysfunction may also result in psychological, physical, social, occupational, domestic, and sexual trouble.
Risk Factors for Overactive Bladder
Causes and risk factors for an over active bladder include:
- Old age
- Spinal cord injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Prostate surgery
- BEP (enlargement of the prostate)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Multiple pregnancies
Overactive Bladder Syndrome Natural Treatment
The following therapies and food prescriptions help treat the disorder successfully.
- Pumpkin seeds: pumpkin seeds are packed with essential fatty acids and phyto-esterol. These two have a significant influence effects on the bladder, both in women and in men.
- The seeds are of particular use in women after menopause.
- Magnesium: magnesium is necessary for optimal muscle health. Clinical trails and research has backed the fact that magnesium has remarkable impact on bladder spasticity. The mineral prevents spasms. Consuming foods that are rich in magnesium or magnesium pill before bed time, treats night time incontinence successfully.
- Cornsilk: is loaded with flavonoids, carvacrol, maysin and polyphenols. It is found in the stalk of the corn.