Psoriasis is a chronic ailment of the skin, and is typified by silvery scales and red patches. A large number of people suffer from psoriasis of the scalp. Red patches on the scalp may be mild or severe. The silver scales may look like dandruff. The scalp is dry, and may bleed sporadically.
An important symptom of the disorder is itching. Temporary hair loss may also develop.
Scalp Psoriasis Treatment
- The treatment helps diminish the symptoms of the disorder and reduce the intensity and frequency of flare ups. Topical creams, lotions, shampoos or ointments are commonly used to manage psoriasis of the scalp.
- Photo therapy, using laser / non-laser light sources is another treatment option.
Scalp Psoriasis Home Remedies
- Aloe vera and jojoba oil: this blend is very helpful for psoriasis of the scalp. It conditions the hair and scalp, moisturizes the scalp and prevents itching.
- Dead Sea salt is excellent to nourish the scalp. Opt for hair care products that contain Dead Sea salts.
- Eucalyptus oil is great for the disorder. It soothes an inflamed and itchy scalp and helps alleviate the symptoms effectively.
- Hair mask helps keep the hair and scalp healthy. Blend together 1 avocado, olive oil, yogurt and honey. Massage in to the scalp and the shaft of the hair. Leave on for 1 hour. Then rinse off.
- Also, watch your diet. Avoid all refined and processed foods. Additionally, consume 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds every day. They are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, and are known to be highly beneficial for psoriasis.