Testosterone Supplements Side Effects
Testosterone supplements are given to manage symptoms that are associated with low levels of circulating hormone in the body. Both men and women may need supplementation after a particular age.
However, an overdose causes a host of adverse effects. Below are mentioned the common side effects of testosterone supplementation
- Hair loss is a very common side effect. Hair falls in patches and may even result in baldness.
- Sebaceous glands start releasing large amounts of sebum, and this set off acne flare ups.
- Retention of fluids and weight gain.
- Allergic reactions such as rashes, hives, vomiting, etc are common.
- Some people also complain of headaches, bitter taste in the mouth, and swollen and bleeding gums.
- The replacement therapy raises the risk of developing liver cancer, ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
Testosterone Supplements Side Effects Men
In addition to the above mentioned side effects, men may experience:
- breast growth, pain in the breasts, and changes in the shape or size of the testicles,
- painful erections, prolonged erections, stomach pain,
- Changes in the sex drive are a very common side effect.
- Men who use the testosterone patch can experience changes in their sex drive.
- Also see Grenade Fat Burners
Testosterone Supplements Side Effects Women
In addition to the general side effects, women may develop the following:
- Women develop hirsuitism, i.e., excessive facial hair growth. Hair grows on the chin and over the upper lip.
- Some women experience deepening of the voice.
- The breasts become very sensitive and tender.
Also see Propecia Side Effects
Thus, a host of side effects are related to testosterone therapy. Hence, make sure that you visit an endocrinologist before starting testosterone replacement therapy.
Also see Excessive consumption of Iron Supplements & Human Choriogonadotropin Ill Effects