Are there any real benefits of eating sugar? Many people believe that all types of sugar are the same. However, there are many significant differences between them. While refined — or white — sugar is derided as a major contributor to many ailments and to weight gain, raw sugar is quite useful as a home remedy.
What Are the Benefits of Raw Sugar?
- Organic glucose in raw sugar provides energy.
- Glucose improves blood circulation, increases the production of blood cells, and assists in the normal functioning of the digestive processes.
- Raw sugar used as a drink sweetener can help soothe menstrual cramps.
- It helps in the speedy recovery of the uterus to its pre-pregnancy state after giving birth.
- A nursing mother’s milk supply can increase when she drinks beverages sweetened with raw sugar.
- Raw sugar and slices of ginger added to boiling water can be used to reduce the symptoms of respiratory ailments.
- The same mixture is very helpful in relieving constipation.
- Skin products containing raw sugar help promote cell regeneration.
What Are the Main Benefits of Brown Sugar?
- Brown sugar is categorically refined sugar mixed with molasses; the molasses imparts the brown coloration.
- Hormonal imbalances during a women’s menstrual cycle can be stabilized by regular consumption of sensible amounts of brown sugar.
- Brown sugar, like raw sugar, can help improve uterine contractions after pregnancy, promoting the quick recovery of the womb.
- Brown sugar has been favored as a homemade facial scrub to help keep skin clear of blemishes.
Safety Precautions When Eating Sugar
- Eating too much sugar can cause weight gain.
- Too much sugar in the diet (refined sugar or other types) can increase a person’s risk of developing diabetes.
- Eating sugar and not having proper oral hygiene can lead to tooth decay.