Much attention and information has surfaced about cranberry juice being a natural remedy to infections in the urinary tract, but one question remains, can cranberry juice really cure a UTI?
Research Shows Cranberry Juice can Cure Urinary Tract Infection
- Cranberry has tannins that works like an astringent and when combined with fructose, acts as a natural barrier against bacteria.
- The molecular forces present in cranberry juice can help fight off E. Coli bacteria, which causes most bladder infections.
- Cranberry juice can cling onto the bladder through hook-like structures, forcing the bacteria to detach itself from the bladder.
- The juice also increased the frequency of urine flow in order to flush out the germs that caused the infection.
Does Cranberry Juice Cure a UTI on its own?
- No strong research studies support the fact that cranberry juice is the most effective treatment to urinary tract infections.
- Along with antibiotics treatment, cranberry juice can help in cleansing the bladder of the bacteria or germs.
- Steady dosage of antibiotics is imperative to treat the bladder infection.
- Pain relievers can be prescribed for those who need it.
Recommended Dosage of Cranberry Juice UTI Treatment
- Make sure the cranberry juice is of excellent quality and 100% juice.
- Three or more ounces of cranberry juice taken everyday is enough as a healing aid for urinary tract infections.
- If pure cranberry juice is hard to come by, the capsule form will do.
- Consult the doctor first before having the cranberry juice treatment. It may interact with other medicines prescribed for other existing diseases like kidney ailments.