When you feel chest and stomach tightness especially after your meals you should not take it lightly, as there are many causes which can give these types of symptoms. At times the symptoms are deceptive and you can miss some serious underlying cause. There are a host of simple home remedies that can help alleviate your condition, however it makes sense to consult a physician to sort out the prevailing condition.
Causes Of Tightness In Chest And Stomach
There are several causes associated with sensation of tightness in the stomach,
- The reason for chest and stomach tightness can be as simple as gas in the abdomen and indigestion
- In some cases it may be indicative of a heart disease.
- Respiratory conditions like asthma and bronchitis may also be associated with the condition
- Other gastro intestinal conditions like gastritis, acid reflux, etc can also result in the sensation
- Even wearing tight clothing can be a cause of feeling tight.
astritis and indigestion are the most common causes associated with feeling of tightness in chest and stomach. This often happens after you eat your meals in haste, without chewing it properly; the other symptoms include burping, eructation, passing of gas etc. Some of the other reasons may include excessive consumption of alcohol, certain medications, stress, and anxious situation.
Home Remedies For Chest And Stomach Tightness
- You can relive this problem by simply changing your eating pattern. Eat slowly and chew your food properly before you swallow it. Instead of three large meals, eat five small meals, drink water in between two meals in plenty, but do not consume it when you are eating your meals. You can drink it after half hour. Drink a glass of buttermilk added with a pinch of asafetida after meals. It helps in digesting the food, and relief from chest tightness and stomach pain.
- Soak few fenugreek seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it as soon as you get up early in the morning. This is very effective when you feel chest and stomach tightness caused due to indigestion.
- Herbal teas prepared from ginger, mint and chamomile when consumed after your meals help to fight sensation of chest tightness and stomach pain due to gastritis.
If you are suffering from asthma which includes wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness, try to avoid pollution, stop smoking and keep a distance from allergens. Take your medicines regularly. It will help to control and prevent asthma. Peppermint and chamomile herbal tea is the best chest tightness home remedy.
Steam inhalation liquefies the bronchial secretions in case of bronchitis. It loosens the phlegm and relieves chest tightness.
Massage a small quantity of lukewarm mustard oil mixed with a pinch of rock salt on the chest. It is a chest tightness remedy used often when the chest muscle has been pulled due to excessive coughing.
Having said all this, a person suffering from chest and stomach tightness should always rule out cardiac cause, and for this he has to consult his doctor for an electrocardiogram.