Keeping hair wonderfully shiny can be very difficult and expensive. Most people spend a lot of money on hair conditioners and treatments when there is a simple solution available at home: egg.
Egg for Hair
- Egg can do wonders to the hair as it contains a lot of nutrients and essential proteins.
- With regular and proper use, it can restore the hair’s natural shine and glow.
Egg for Hair Conditioning
- Egg can be used as hair conditioner. The conditioner is prepared this way:
- Crack an egg open and separate the yolk and the white. Use 2 eggs for long hair. Beat the yolk.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and continue beating until well mixed. This mixture may be diluted with 1 cup lukewarm water for easy spreading, though many prepare to use it undiluted.
- Wet hair and use shampoo. Rinse thoroughly. Then, squeeze water from hair.
- Apply the conditioning mixture evenly on the head. Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse hair thoroughly using cold or lukewarm water. Do not use hot water.
Egg for Hair Treatment
- To use egg as hair treatment, use 2 tsp castor oil instead of olive oil in the mixture above.
- It is also a good idea to add ¼ cup unsweetened yogurt.
- White wine vinegar or lime juice may be added to the mixture.
- Instead of just 5 minutes, the mixture should be kept on the hair for at least 30 minutes.
Egg for Hair Benefits
The following are the characteristics of eggs that make them great for the hair:
- Rich in protein. This can help make keep the hair follicles stronger, with less split ends.
- Rich in sulfur, minerals, and vitamins. This will help the hair grow faster and healthier.