A significant portion of the population in the US and in other major countries is comprised of people who are overweight or obese. Oftentimes, these people have fat deposits in various parts in the body, including the back.
Fat Deposits on Back
- There are many reasons why a person will have fat deposits on his/her back.
- Often, excess fats in the body will lodge in certain areas. By itself, it is not really bad as the body is trying to store the fats for safekeeping in cases of “emergency”, meaning when food is not available.
- The back portion of the torso is one of the places where fats readily accumulate.
- These fat deposits can be unsightly, especially if these will already try to spill out of the person’s clothing.
Fatty Deposits on Back of Neck
- The back of the neck is also one of the places where fats are readily deposited.
- The problem with this is that most clothing items do not cover the neck.
- The problem is actually more pronounced in women. It is true that women’s fashion is more demanding than men’s so that women reveal more of their backs than men.
Causes and Treatment
- There are many possible causes of fatty deposits. Still, one thing is for sure: the body will always try to store fats in one way or another. The reason for this is survival. The body tends to keep these fats in case food will not be readily available next time – something that is said to be a trait people inherit from the very first people who do not have easy access or the necessary tools to have food readily available.
- Also, the more the person eats in excess, the more fatty deposits are created.
- The diet also plays a role in causing and treating fatty deposits. A diet rich in fatty foods should be avoided while intake of fruits and vegetables should be increased.
- To treat or get rid of fatty deposits, the person should do exercise. Certain exercises are more effective than others – with intense cardio workouts among the top options. However, to be effective, exercise should be done on a regular basis. One time exercising could never get rid of these fatty deposits.
- Of course, diet and exercise will work best when these are properly coordinated.