Fruit and Vegetable Detox is a diet that cleanses the system from the daily toxins accumulated by the body through food, drink and air intakes.
Fruit and Vegetable Detox Plan
- On the first week of this detox plan, only raw and unprocessed fruits and vegetables are eaten allowing the body to cleanse and repair itself.
- After the first week, fruits and vegetables are mixed into meals
- Alcohol intake is prohibited while on detox.
- 10 glasses of water is required daily to help flush toxins
What are the Benefits of Fruit and Vegetable Detox Diet
- The diet is properly planned and executed with the supervision of a licensed nutritionist or specialist
- Digestive system works and functions properly because it is cleansed
- Improvement of regular bowel movement because of the fiber content of fruits and vegetables, preventing constipation
- Antioxidants in the diet fights off free radicals
- Fruits and vegetables reduce risks of cardiovascular problems and certain cancer because of its natural detox ability.
- A feeling of relaxation and peaceful well-being. The toxins accumulated in the body can also bring sleeplessness, restlessness and fatigue. Flushing them get rids of the problem.
Fruit and Vegetable Detox Menu Example
- For breakfast, fresh fruit salad topped with almond flakes, wheat germ and pumpkin seeds and organic yogurt
- For lunch, organic vegetable salad with dressing of olive oil and vinegar and a piece of fresh fruit
- Steamed vegetables of different texture and flavour
- In between meals could be vegetable broths
- Organic fruits and vegetable juices and herbal teas could be taken aside from water.