Detox diets to flush out toxins are increasingly popular nowadays with remarkable weight loss stories by both celebrities and regular people who tried them. Fruit and vegetable cleanse is one of the widely known methods of detoxifying the colon to get rid of harmful toxins.
Benefits of Fruit and Vegetable Cleanse Diet
- Fruits and vegetables are a natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are needed in the body.
- It keeps the digestive system stronger and fully-functional.
- Regular bowel movement can be expected due to the rich fiber content.
- It promotes natural way to fight diseases because of the antioxidants.
- It prevents colon and stomach diseases.
Fruit and Vegetable Cleanse Recipes
- Something as simple as drinking fresh vegetable juice can be healthy for the colon. Ingredients like celery, kale, fennel, carrots, broccoli and lettuce are ideal for processing into juice.
- Another famous cleansing diet recipe is the master cleanse diet which consists of lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
Before embarking on a fruit and vegetable cleanse plan, there are certain measures to follow to gain effective results. Every diet method works differently for one person to the next. It would also require a lot of discipline to convince oneself to stay on the program.
Tips on How to Do A Fruit and Vegetable Cleanse Diet
- Follow the exact instructions on the length of time and the recipes of the diet program. There are different methods used for 3 or 7 days while some only for a day.
- Divide the fruits separately into breakfast, lunch and dinner categories. For example, plan to eat honeydew for breakfast, pineapple for lunch and banana for dinner.
- Always drink water during the day while on a detox diet.