Gym Routines for Women
There are a number of gym routines that women can use and these routines can help to loose weight or to gain better muscle tone.
Gym Routines for Women Weight Loss
- Weight loss gym routines for women should involve a heavy does of cardio.
- Cardio workouts help to keep the heart rate up and helps burn calories
- Cardio routines need to be constantly shifted in order to maintain the body’s resistance to an activity
- Cardio exercises that promote weight loss include:
- Running on the treadmill
- Using the elliptical
- Stationary Bike
- Swim Gym
- Stair Steppers
- Rowing Machines
- For cardio to be effective, a high heart rate must be maintained for a certain period of time.
Gym Routines for Women Toning
- Routines that involve weight machines are the best way to go for muscle toning
- Some of the exercises that can help with toning include
- Free Weights
- Weight Machines
- Resistance Bands
- Exercise Balls
- Exercise routines specified for toning can be done alternately with cardio exercises
A routine with both cardio and weight training can include the following:
- 20 Minutes to an Hour of Cardio – at least 3 times a week
- 20 Minutes to an Hour of Weight Training – at least 2 times a week
The frequency and intensity of the exercises done is going to influence results.
Gym Routines for Women Beginners
- Beginners are advised to either start out with equal amounts of cardio and weight training or more cardio than weight
- Some beginners may choose to do all cardio.
- Group routines are ideal for beginners because it can help in the motivation department
- When in a group, with an instructor, and with the right music, gym routines can become a lot easier.
- When starting out, women should determine how much time they have to spend
- Some find it helpful to go to the gym after work, others may go before work, and some choose their lunch breaks as time for workout
- Working with a personal trainer may also be a good idea for beginners