Carrot belongs to parsley family. Carrots are part of salad dishes which we often eat with meals and snacks. It is a great idea to nibble carrot instead of eating potato chips. Carrot has immense health benefits; the beta carotene present in carrots is converted to vitamin A in our body. Vitamin A promotes good eyesight and helps in preventing night blindness.
Eating single carrot every day will be enough for the whole day requirement of vitamin A.
Benefits of Eating Carrots
- Vitamin A present in carrot help to prevent night blindness.
- If a lactating woman eats carrots daily, it enhances her breast milk production.
- Carrot is considered to be an antiseptic.
- Carrot juice is an energizer; you will not feel tired the whole day if you drink a glass of carrot juice.
- As carrot contains antioxidants, it helps to decrease cardiovascular risk and hypertension.
- The antioxidants present in carrot attack the harmful free radicals and thus prevent cancer forming cells.
- Due to its rich fiber content, eating carrot everyday facilitates easy bowel movement. Person suffering from constipation should eat carrot daily to get relief from hemorrhoids.
- One glass of carrot juice everyday enhances the immune system and prevents recurrent upper respiratory tract infections.
- Carrot is beneficial in promoting healthy skin. It heals wound easily, decreases skin inflammation.
- Carrot soup is one of the best home remedy for treating seasonal diarrhea caused by bacterial infection.
- Carrot is also beneficial in skin conditions such as eczema, acne, dermatitis etc.
Also see on Nutritional Benefit of Cashew Nuts
Considering the above health benefits; surely carrot is a poor man’s ginseng.
Also see Dangers of Eating Cheese & Nutrition Benefits of Pistachios Nuts