Home Remedies For Hepatitis C: Causes, Symptoms And Natural Treatment

Hepatitis C is a viral disease of the liver just like other viral hepatitis such as hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Among the three, hepatitis C is the most dangerous and it often goes unnoticed for a period of time before it manifests its symptoms.

Once the virus gets entry in the body, it is very difficult for the immune system to eliminate it.

There is no specific treatment available for hepatitis C. A multiple approach with several alternative therapies can be useful in such condition.

There is no specific study that suggests the use of herbs will give a definite cure, but there are many patients who have reported to get relief from the symptoms using certain herbs and home remedies.

Some of the herbs are used to deal with the side effects of the interferon which is used frequently to treat hepatitis C in modern medicine.

Causes And Symptoms Of Hepatitis C

Hepatitis C causes:

Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood borne route. Most often the person gets infected with the virus after blood transfusion.

Intravenous drug abusers, persons undergoing hemodialysis are also vulnerable to hepatitis C infection. There is still uncertainty of its spread through sex and it is also considered to be rare to pass from an infected mother to the unborn child.

Sharing common razors or toothbrush is not good. If there is an infected blood on these articles there are chances of it getting an infection.

Symptoms of hepatitis C

Generally in the initial period there are no signs and symptoms observed with this disease. More than 75% of acute HCV infections are silent, the rest of 25% manifests as hepatitis. Progression from acute infection to chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis or hepato cellular carcinoma takes 10, 20 to 30 years.

Some of the symptoms of early infection are like general flu such as fatigue, fever, decreased appetite, tenderness over the liver area and pain in the muscle joint.

In later stages, cirrhosis and accumulation of fluid in the abdomen is observed.

Hepatitis C Home Remedies And Natural Treatment

The most effective herb is milk thistle. It contains silymarin, the anti oxidant property is well known. Besides this it also helps in tissue growth. The extract derived from the seeds of milk thistle can be consumed orally to relieve from symptoms of hepatitis C. Milk thistle has been favored by many authorities as a complement in treating hepatitis and other liver diseases.

  • Certain other herbs are also used in hepatitis C natural treatment, but they have not been fully tested. They are licorice root, ginseng, St. Johns wort, Astragalus root etc.
  • Stop drinking alcohol.
  • Eat organic fruits and vegetables.
  • Drink aloe vera juice, tomato juice and garlic as some of the hepatitis C natural treatment.
  • Ask your doctor before taking any medicines as there are many medicines that are harmful to liver.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *