Bad, unhealthy food and a sedentary lifestyle usually cause constipation. To prevent its occurrence, patients should learn how to eat balanced meals and to include exercise in their daily routine. Meanwhile, when constipation hits, it’s wise to know some quick constipation remedies that one can easily apply at home, and there’s no need to rush to a clinic.
Home Remedies for Quick Constipation Relief
The kitchen is the best source for quick relief from constipation. These procedures would certainly be helpful:
- Mixing a Laxative made of sea salt and warm water. One’s digestive tract will certainly get back to its working condition with this concoction. The patient has to:
- Prepare a quart of lukewarm water.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of salt into the water.
- Drink the mixture on an empty stomach.
- Prepare healthy, nutrient-rich soup. Clear soups containing vegetables such as cabbage, carrots and potatoes will help clear the digestive tract.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey into a glass of warm milk and drink the mixture on an empty stomach.
- Prepare some healthy juices made from lemon, aloe vera or prunes. Cabbage juice is also one healthy alternative.
- Prepare a mixture of warm milk with one tablespoon of castor oil. This is an effective laxative.
- Including fresh fruits in the diet is also one quick remedy for constipation, Fiber-rich fruits like papaya and guava are great choices.
- Having vegetable on one’s plate would also remedy constipation. Some veggies to take note of include beans, corn, peas, spinach and broccoli.
Drinking a lot of fluids is the key in making quick constipation home remedies effective. It will help soften the stool, cleanse the digestive tract and cause the digestive system to get back on track.