Restless Leg Syndrome is a medical condition also known as the Jimmy’s Leg. This is a neurologic disorder that causes the patient to have an urge to move the body. This urge often occurs when the patient is stationary for several minutes. Those who have this ailment report that they feel very uncomfortable, sometimes feeling a burning sensation when they are stationary.
What Causes Restless Leg Syndrome
As of now, there is no definite cause for Restless Leg Syndrome. Still, the following are possible:
- This ailment is thought to be neurologic in nature. Thus, it could be caused by imbalance in certain hormones or chemicals in the brain and central nervous system.
- Poor circulation or blocked blood vessels in the circulatory system may also be the culprit. Thus, a poor diet and no or less exercise could also be considered as indirect reasons why this ailment occurs.
- Stress is also one of the factors that could lead to this ailment.
Restless Leg Syndrome Symptoms Treatment
To best treat Restless Leg Syndrome, the patient should:
- Avoid caffeine and caffeinated drinks.
- It is also a good idea to limit smoking and alcohol intake.
- Because stress can cause Restless Leg Syndrome, resting and avoiding stressful situations can be a big help.
- Exercise can go a long way into provided long-term treatment for this ailment. Exercises that especially work the legs are preferred. These including swimming, running, jogging, brisk walking, and many others.
- Some home remedies may also be given to the patient to ease the pain and to stop the symptoms.
Home Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
Restless Leg Syndrome can be painful, thus, finding a remedy should be topmost on the patient’s list. These remedies may include herbs and alternative medicines such as the following:
- Valerian. This flowering plant is used as herbal medication to induce sleep and relaxation. Thus, the patient is well rested and the restless leg feels relaxed. This herb can also help combat the other symptoms of this ailment.
- Horse chestnut. This promotes circulation of the blood throughout the body. That means that enough blood is sent to the legs to help reduce the need or urge to move to improve circulation.
- Astralagus. This is a Chinese herb that also helps improve good circulation of the blood in the body. Also, it can help maintain and improve the normal functions of the organs in the body.