Many people go to dermatologists complaining of itchy red dots on their skin. These could be a sign of a number of thing, some more serious than others.
- Red dots that are itchy are commonly referred to as rashes.
- It can be caused by a number of things.
- The location of Small Itchy Red Dots on Skin can tell what type of rash it is.
- Tiny Itchy Red Dots on Skin can be caused by both contagious and non-contagious factors.
- Some will go away on their own without treatment, but most will require medical attention.
What are Causes of Itchy Red Dots on Skin
There are a number of causes for red dots on the skin, they include:
- Acne – Acne can start off as small red dots that are very itchy and can progress to pustules
- Bug Bites or Stings
- Eczema – There are number of different types of Eczema and it can be caused by an irritant or by the intake of an allergen
- Follicultis – This is a condition affecting the hair follicles. They can become inflamed with shaving or with other forms of hair removal. This commonly occurs on the face, pubic area, and underams.
- Lichen Planus – can be brought on by the use of certain drugs including diuretics
- Scabies and Bed Bugs – both are very itchy and very contagious
- Chicken Pox
- Seborrheic Keratosis – this is a genetic condition that causes rashes and flaking of the skin
Natural Cures and Treatment for Itchy Red Dots
Treatment of the condition is going to depend on the cause, however, here are some treatments that can help relieve the symptoms
- Sitz Bath – A warm starch bath that soothes the skin
- Oatmeal – helps sooth the skin
- Corticosteroid creams – reduces swelling and itchiness
- The use of mild soap – patients should avoid washing the skin too often as it can lead to dryness and more itching
- Baking Soda Paste on the Skin – a simple mixture of water and baking soda can be effective in treating itchiness.