Natural Remedies of Grapeseed Oil for Skin
Grapeseed oil is high in antioxidants and is used in many applications including care for skin.
- This type of oil is made using a cold press
- The seeds used are the ones discarded after wine making
- It is valued in the cosmetic industry for its anti-aging effect and it is use as an additive for many cosmetic products
- The oil is rich in vitamins and protein
- Some of the products that make use of grapeseed oil include:
- Facial creams
- Bath oils
- Lip balms
Grapeseed Oil for Skin Care
- Grapeseed for the skin is said to help lighten it and tone the complexion
- It has linoleic acid, which is essential for the health of the skin
- The oil is commonly used as part of the formulation for moisturizers
- When used as a moisturizer, it is known for not leaving a greasy residue on the skin
How to Use Grapeseed Oil for Skin and Hair Benefits
Using Grapeseed Oil Products
- Products that have Grapeseed Oil can be used depending on the instruction of the manufacturer
- Soaps, foams, washes, and shampoos can be used as one would use regular products
- Lotions with Grapeseed Oil may have better chances of effectiveness when it is used right after a bath when the skin is still soft and the pores are open
- Grapeseed oil moisturizer is great for use during nighttime.
- If it is to be used in the mornings, it is important to choose a formulation that has SPF of at least 15
- If there is no SPF, users can apply an SPF moisturizer beneath the one with Grapeseed Oil.
- The oil can be used for the hair too and should be applied as suggested by the manufacturer.
- It is great for damaged hair because it contains proteins
- When in shampoos, it should be followed by a conditioner and rinsed off thoroughly
- When applied as a stand alone moisturizer, it also needs to be washed off completely after it has been made to stay on the hair for 3 minutes or so.