Large pores on skin especially facial skin is not a dangerous medical condition, but can certainly create lot of problems. It can become a breeding ground for bacteria, acne formation and oily skin. It is not possible to shrink the pores permanently; pores can be made less noticeable by many natural ways.
Causes Of Large Pores
As such, pores are needed to maintain healthy skin; it keeps the skin soft and moist by secretion of oil, but when they become dilated, infected and clogged with oil, they become larger than what they are.
Causes for large pores include:
- Oily and thick skin
- Damage caused due to sunlight
- Blackheads caused due to clogged dirt, bacteria, and oil makes the pores appear large
How Can I Shrink My Pores?
Ways to shrink pores naturally:
It is not possible to shrink the pores permanently, but if a person follows skin care tips and certain home remedies, the enlarged pores become less visible. For example, taking good care of your skin by regular cleaning and washing it, the oil formed in excess can be easily removed from the pores. The bacteria are also washed away.
- A face wash which contains vitamin C helps to increase collagen and elastin, and simultaneously makes the pores shrink by removing the dirt and oil.
- Exfoliation with homemade facial scrubs also minimizes the facial flaws.
- You can also use almond paste to shrink the size of your pores. Apply a paste prepared from crushing the almonds on you face for 15 minutes, rinse it with warm water. Now apply astringents such as witch hazel or a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar in water.
Home Remedies For Large Pores On Face
- Add some salt in butter milk, apply the buttermilk on the face, let it remain for 15 minutes, you can gently massage your face for that period. Now wash your face with warm water. It is an effective home remedy to shrink facial pores.
- For shrinking large pores naturally, take one cup of rose water and add half the quantity of cucumber juice and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on the face and regularly. It helps to shrink the pores after some time.
- Lemon juice and brewer yeast paste is also preferred to shrink facial pores. Lemon contains citric acid which helps to remove the dead skin cells, and brewer’s yeast contains vitamin B complex and chromium. They are necessary for healthy skin. Mix both the ingredients together, apply it on the face and let it dry. Wash the face with lukewarm water. The pores will become tight and the skin will also get cleaned.