Toric contact lenses were developed to give people with astigmatism a better type of contact lens. It corrects impaired vision and provides a good secure fit as well. For those who are fond of changing their eye colors, toric colored contact lenses is a practical option.
Toric Contact Lenses Cost
- After a thorough checkup from an eye doctor, people with astigmatism can proceed to selecting the proper pair for their specific prescription.
- They are more expensive than regular colored contact lenses.
- The price of a pair of lenses may vary depending on the features.
Toric Contact Lenses Problems
- If the curves that are meant to correct astigmatism are not properly aligned, the wearer might be prevented from seeing crisp and clear images.
- Not recommended for mild astigmatism.
- Wearing contact lenses without proper care may have serious complications:
- Corneal ulcers can happen if the lenses have been worn too long,
- Light sensitivity, tearing and blurry vision may occur.
- Cornea becomes out of shape after an extended period of time of wearing contact lenses.
- Probable allergies may erupt for sensitive eyes, dry eyes or from the contact lens solution used to clean the lenses.
- If worn during sleeping, it can increase the risk of eye infections.
- To avoid problems, use toric contact lens for a maximum of 15 hours only.
- People with a high content of mucous in their tears are discouraged from wearing contact lenses because of the risk of more buildup in the lenses.
- May scratch cornea if foreign object enters the eye.
- Highly sensitive people who are generally susceptible to allergies may develop infections from contact lenses.