The human body has an extensive muscular system. In total, there are around 650 muscles in the body that contribute in generating heat, providing postural stability, and enabling movement. Any disease that affects the muscular system can severely affect any of these functions. There are practically many possible and types of diseases that can affect a single muscle to a whole muscle group.
Refers to any type of disease that can affect the muscular system.
Muscular System Diseases and Disorders
- The muscular system can experience disorders because of injury, infections, medications, inflammation, genetics, and overuse.
- There is no one specific treatment for muscular system disorders.
- Different forms of muscular system disorders are approached and treated differently.
- The major problems associated with muscular system disorders include pain, weakness, and paralysis.
Muscular Systems Diseases List:
Here are some of the diseases that can affect the muscular system of the body:
Disease that result in muscle atony/atrophy:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
Diseases that result in pain or complete immobility:
- Compartment Syndrome
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
Home Remedies and Treatment for Muscular System Diseases
- As mentioned, there is no one specific treatment to all kinds of muscular system disorders
- Each disorder, depending on the cause are approached and treated differently.
- The aim of treatment is always to alleviate pain and regain function of the muscle.
- Treatment may also involve treating developing complications associated with the disease.
- Some treatments may include analgesics, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectives, massages, warm and cold compresses, splinting, orthopedic surgery, rehabilitative therapy.