Leg pain is discomfort from the hip joint to the heels. Pain may be transcendent or continuous, and may affect the whole leg or only a portion. There could be heaviness, burning, nagging pain, piercing pain or tingling numbness.
Leg Ache Remedies Pain in Legs and Thighs
It is very essential that you diagnose the exact cause of the leg pain.
Leg Ache Causes
- Trauma or excessive strain to the leg
- Fracture of the bone
- Muscle cramp due to dehydration or overuse
- Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Intermittent claudication as a result of atherosclerosis
- Tendinitis (inflammation of a tendon)
- Varicose veins
- Bone tumor
- Drugs like corticosteroids
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Cellulitis (skin infection)
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Peripheral artery disease
- Spinal stenosis (occlusion of the spinal canal and impingement of the spinal cord and the nerves)
Leg Ache Remedy
- Ginger: ginger is an effective remedy to manage leg pain related to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory conditions like bursitis and fibromyalgia. Ginger is a powerful anti inflammatory herb. Grate about 1 inch of raw ginger, boil well for 10 minutes, and consume this decoction twice daily, for quick results.
- Lime: lime is used to treat most joint complaints.
- Calcium, magnesium, vitamin B complex supplements: calcium and magnesium supplements are recommended in cases of cramps and sever leg pain due to dietary deficiencies. 500 mg of calcium and magnesium everyday for a month is advised. However, do consult your doctor before staring supplementation, more so, if you have heart or kidney disorders. Vitamin B supplementation is very important to tackle tingling numbness and burning of the legs.
Leg Ache Treatment
- Steam baths are very helpful. Take a steam bath every night to allay pain and stiffness.
- Massage has been touted as the most effectual natural remedy for leg pain. Nutmeg essential oil and clove essential oil are very beneficial.
- Take 15 grams of camphor and 200 grams of mustard oil; blend well in a glass bottle; keep the bottle in sun until the camphor dissolve completely. Massage the affected area daily; it is an excellent remedy for leg pain.
- Cod liver oil cures all kinds of leg pains and general weakness.
- Health care professionals advocate Yoga for most joint ailments, especially those related to nerve compression. Yoga asanas are decidedly advantageous; they reduce pain and discomfort, battle stiffness and greatly improve the range of movement.