Sarcoidosis is a specific type of inflammatory disease, relatively benign syndrome affecting several systems in the body. Most often sarcoidosis starts in the lungs and lymph nodes, but it can occur in any organs of the body. Its annual incidence is not known, however it has been observed to be more prevalent in the black Americans than whites.
Sarcoidosis affects between 20 to 40 years of age. Anyone can suffer from sarcoidosis, once considered as a rare disease; sarcoidosis has now become a chronic illness that occurs all over the world. This scarring lung disorder affects all races and in men as well as women; however certain geographical areas such as Scandinavians have more number of sacoidosis cases than other countries.
Sarcoidosis Natural Remedies
Natural sarcoidosis remedy is of great benefit for this chronic illness. The patient can take these remedies for a long duration, without any side effects that may be seen with conventional medicines. These medicines can be taken as a complementary or as an alternative to the conventional medicines.
- Turmeric: Its botanical name is curcuma longa, it is a member of ginger family. Turmeric is beneficial in treating the symptoms of sarcoidosis. This is because it has potent antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties, which help to relieve the inflammatory symptoms of sarcoidosis.
- Chamomile: It is also considered to have anti inflammatory action which is helpful in treating the symptoms of sarcoidosis. It action is attributed due to its ability to stop arachidonic acid metabolism.
- Goldenseal: It is a small plant with tiny flowers and raspberry like fruit. It is grown in northern United States; it is nowadays grown all over United States. The plant is also known as Hydrastis Canadensis. The herb is known to cleanse and revitalize the lymphatic system and blood. This may be useful in treating the sarcodosis problems related to lymphatic system.
Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment
- Warm Massage: The pain caused due to sarcoidosis can be relieved by massage with the essential oils such as pine, rosemary, eucalyptus.
- Herbs: Certain herbs act on the inflammation and repair damaged cells. Ginger, milk thistle and certain Chinese herbs are effective in treating sarcoidosis.
- Certain enzymes in plants can act on the granuloma or group of abnormal cells as found in sarcoidosis.
- Eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits is useful in sarcoidosis.
- Relaxation techniques can help to sooth the mind that has been disturbed due to the chronic illness.