In today’s fast changing world, new technologies are being created on a daily basis. Thus, in very useful technologies such as lasers, new uses and variations are being created, too. This is the reason why Fraxel lasers are now available for consumers and patients.
Fraxel Laser Treatment
- Fraxel laser is a new treatment procedure that offers plenty of applications in cosmetic and corrective surgery.
- It can be used in skin resurfacing techniques to make the patient look younger.
- Fraxel laser is great for erasing or minimizing wrinkles, fine lines on the face, crow’s feet, sagging neck, jowls, and blemishes such as sun spots, age spots, and scars.
- With such a wide range of applications, there is no wonder that this type of laser procedure is quite popular.
- Also, it offers patients a chance to reverse aging problems and look younger for a longer period of time.
Fraxel Laser Treatment Dangers
- Compared to other laser treatments that offer vigorous or high laser light temperatures, there is less danger in Fraxel lasers. The laser works by creating laser columns that penetrate deep into the layers of the skin.
- In the hands of a very accurate doctor, only the area to be treated will be passed with the laser column. Thus, the surrounding skin is not affected in any way.
- Of course, there could be side effects from the procedure. These effects could be classified as dangers but they have been reported in very few patients who have undergone the procedure.
- Some of these dangers or side effects are:
- Bronzing of the skin treated by the laser. This bronzing could last just a few days or around 2 weeks.
- The skin will be flaking because the skin underneath the surface is now beginning to “resurface”.
- The skin will be sore from the treatment and could be very sensitive to sunlight.
Fraxel Laser Treatment Cost
- Like all other laser or cosmetic procedures, the final costs of the Fraxel laser treatment will depend on many factors. Some of these are:
- Size of treated area.
- Doctor’s and hospital’s fees.
- Because the Fraxel technology offers less pain, is safe and very effective, it also has a higher price range than some traditional laser procedures.
- Still, many patients are willing to pay the extra costs to have lesser side effects, pain, and complications.