For a woman lips can do lot of talking without movement. They are one of the attractive areas on a woman’s face. However there are many women who complain of lip pigmentation or dark spots on the lips, and are in search of ways to treat them. Lip pigmentation in itself is not a cause of worry; they do not cause any health problem except that of a cosmetic appearance.
Dark spots and lip pigmentation is a common problem faced by many young and old people. Much of it is attributed to the way people live, their eating habits, living a modern lifestyle and so on. Partly lip pigmentation also has its hereditary roots. Lip pigmentation is common in a woman between 20 to 40 years, and this is most often due to melasma. It is a condition where there is increase of skin pigments. Let us know some of the common causes for dark lip pigmentation:
- Smoking is one of the most important causes for dark pigments on the lips.
- Coffee, tea, and other beverages when taken repeatedly not only harm your body, but are known to change the color of your lips.
- Deficiency of certain vitamins such as vitamin B complex, tend to change the color of the lips to certain extent.
- Hormonal changes in the body can also play a role in lip pigmentation.
- Cheap lipsticks and cosmetic products are also responsible for changing the color of the lips and turn them dark.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Lip Pigmentation
Lip pigmentation shows a good response to certain home tips that do not require much of your time and money.
- Avoid direct sun rays when you go outdoors on bright sunny days, or apply lip balms when you go out in sun.
- Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables. They are rich source of vitamins.
- Drink plenty of water so that your lips remain well hydrated.
- To prevent dry lips, apply honey and glycerin on your lips at night while sleeping.
- Lip pigments get exaggerated by consuming hot foods. So let the food cool down before you consume it. The same is the case with smoking.
- Abstain from drinking excess of tea and coffee, especially when it is very hot.
- Lemon juice is well known for its bleaching properties. Mix a part of lemon juice with honey and apply it regularly to fade the dark pigmentation on your lips.
- Massage your lips daily with yogurt.
- Beeswax protects and moisturizes the lips. You can apply a lip balm containing beeswax.
- To get rid of lip pigmentation, cut a slice of ripe papaya and gently rub it on your lips for a while.
- You can also apply castor oil on your lips before retiring to bed.
- If you are using lipstick, use lipsticks that contain vitamin E as it prevents dryness and keeps your lips supple and soft.