Excessive body heat may result in generalized weakness and lethargy in an individual. Reducing body heat becomes crucial when the environmental temperature is high. Sweating is a natural process to reduce body heat; however your diet and food play a crucial role in controlling body temperature.
Fruits to Reduce Body Heat
There are certain fruits that can help reduce body temperature and also aid in balancing of the internal environment of the body.
- Fresh fruits juices are very beneficial in reducing body heat. Orange and Grape fruit juice is considered beneficial in maintaining an average body temperature
- Excessive heat may result in excessive sweating which in turn may result in electrolyte imbalance and hence consuming fruits that help restore electrolyte balance is crucial in maintain ideal body temperature. Banana is rich in potassium and helps restore electrolyte balance in the body. Other fruits that help to maintain electrolyte balance include lemon, pineapple, jackfruit and watermelon.
Foods that Reduce Body Heat
Excessive body heat can result in dehydration, as sweating is the natural process of controlling body heat. Hence remaining adequately hydrated is crucial to prevent tiredness and lethargy which may be attributed to body heat and dehydration.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and caffeine. These foods may result in dehydration and in turn result in increase in the body temperature
- Salty, sour and pungent foods can also result in dehydration and should be avoided, especially during hot seasons.
- Increase the intake of dairy products like buttermilk and yogurt. These foods tend to aid in cooling the body internally.
- Nuts need to be avoided. Nuts are highly acidic and result in generation of heat in the body. Avoid meat and restrict your diet to purely vegetarian to reduce body temperature.
- Barley has a cooling effect on the body and should be included in your daily diet.
- Spicy foods including pepper, cardamom, etc should also be avoided. These foods tend to increase the basal metabolic rate of the body and increase the production of body heat.
- Honey is considered to have a cooling effect on the body. Add a spoon of honey to a glass of cold milk and consume twice a day.
Ease Body Heat with Home Remedies
Here are some simple home remedies and tips to reduce body heat, especially during summer,
- Add a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of sugar and few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of water and drink about four to five glasses a day. This drink supplies essential electrolytes to the body that are lost through perspiration, in hot weather. Further studies have shown that Vitamin C can help reduce body temperature and lemon is packed with Vitamin C.Local application of sandalwood paste can help reduce body temperature. Apply sandalwood paste on the forehead, chest or back. This will help your body cool faster and reduce perspiration. Mixing rosewater with sandalwood paste can be even more beneficial.