Seed ticks are the tiny larvae of ticks. It is smaller than adults and only has 6 legs as compared with 8 in adults. Still, even though these are smaller, they are as potent as adults. Like their adult counterparts, seed ticks also burrow into the skin and feed on blood.
Seed Ticks Bites
- The bites of seed ticks can be as painful and itchy as those of the adult ticks. However, because the seed ticks are much smaller, the way that these are removed from the body will greatly differ from when the adults are being removed.
- It is not necessary for the patient to seek medical care even if he/she was bitten by the seed tick. Not all are carriers of diseases. Still, it is a good idea to watch out for signs of complications and other ailments so that these will be treated as soon as possible.
- Typically, like other diseases, it is best to treat the ailment as early as possible to prevent further complications and for it to be much easier to treat.
Remedies for Seed Ticks Bite
- It is a good idea to try and find home remedies that can be used against seed sticks. This will ensure that the problem will be treated without the patient spending a lot of money on it.
- The remedy for the bite is not really very necessary unless the patient develops an allergic reaction or complications.
- Tick-borne diseases will need varied forms of treatment, depending on what ailment was transmitted.
Seed Ticks Bite Symptoms
- The actual bite marks can swell or become red.
- Symptoms of tularemia include:
- Muscle aches
- Fever and chills
- Swollen glands
- Symptoms of Lyme disease include:
- Bull’s eye rashes around the bite sites
- Unexplained fever
- Buzzing ears
- Symptoms of Rock Mountain spotted fever include:
- Rashes that start from wrists and ankles
- Severe headaches
- Deep muscle pain
Seed Ticks Bites Treatment
- Because there are different complications or ailments that arise from seed tick bites, treatment will surely vary.
- Most of the time, antibiotics will be necessary to quickly solve the problem.
- Still, it is also possible to find home remedies that can be used to treat the tick bites and the ailments that arise from the bites.