Crick in neck is not a medical term and it is often used when a person has pain in his neck and finds difficulty in neck movements. This condition is generally felt when a person wakes up in the morning after a good night’s sleep. With stiffness and sharp pain he is unable to turn his head.
Crick in Neck Treatment
Crick in the neck can be treated with simple hot and cold water fomentation. Gels and balm usually help in relieving the pain.
Crick in Neck Home Remedy
Some of the common home remedies are very useful in treating crick in neck. This includes applying cold ice packs, massage, over the counter muscle relaxants and pain reliever medicines.
- Place an ice bag over the painful neck muscles for 10 minutes at a time. Do this at least 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help to reduce inflammation, pain and muscle spasm.
- It is important to keep your head and neck in the neutral position over your body, avoid forward head posture when crick in neck won’t go away.
- Gentle swinging motion of the arms often helps in relieving the pain and stiffness.
- If the neck problem is worse in the morning, check your sleeping posture. Improve your sleeping support. A hard mattress or a special neck support pillow is useful.
- A gentle massage help to relax the strained muscles of neck and increases blood flow to the muscles.
- Bananas are high in potassium, and potassium is good for muscles, especially when they are in spasm. However it should be in the natural form as in bananas.
- Adjust your car seat to a more upright position that supports your head and lower back.
- Consult your doctor if the condition takes more than a week’s time to heal.