The tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is one of the most in-demand cosmetic surgery procedure performed in the United States and other parts of the world. The tummy tuck has been around for centuries but a more aesthetic technique has only been developed recently. Dr. Juarez M. Avelar presented a newer technique of abdominoplasty that resulted in lesser scarring, a thinner abdominal wall, and even faster recovery.
Avelar Tummy Tuck
- The avelar abdominoplasty was developed during the 1990s by a Brazilian surgeon, Dr. Juarez M. Avelar.
- The technique differs from a full abdominoplasty because smaller incisions are used and is combined together with tumescent liposuction.
- Under this technique, the blood vessels are kept intact, removal of fat is less traumatic, and only a small incision is used to remove excess skin.
- The avelar abdominoplasty offers fewer chances of complications.
- Patients can resume normal activities for a period of two weeks after surgery.
What is an Avelar Tummy Tuck?
- An avelar abdominoplasty is the combination of surgical removal of excess skin and tumescent liposuction.
- The surgery is done only on local anesthesia.
- Less bruising and trauma is expected after an avelar abdominoplasty compared to a full tummy tuck.
- Patients can enjoy a thinner abdominal wall compared to a thicker wall after the procedure.
- There is even removal of fat through tumescent liposuction and no unwanted fat deposits.
- Patients can resume exercise much earlier compared to a full tummy tuck to better tone the abdominal wall.
Avelar Tummy Tuck Procedure
- The patient is given local anesthesia.
- He or she is placed on the operating or working table.
- The doctor makes several incisions depending on the type of avelar abdominoplasty (mini or full avelar).
- Tumescent fluid is injected and then the fat is suctioned out.
- Excess skin is trimmed and tightened using the smallest incisions in abdominoplasty.
- The patient is then given sets of instructions to follow and medications to drink. This will ensure faster, safer recovery.
Avelar Tummy Tuck Cost
The cost of an avelar abdominoplasty depends on several factors including:
- The facility where the patient was operated. Certain fees might be collected for use of equipment or rooms.
- The type of anesthesia given.
- The type of avelar abdominoplasty performed.
- The professional fees of the physician, anesthesiologist, and other medical personnel involved in the procedure.