Long Term Lyme Disease Symptoms
When left untreated or inadequately treated due to misdiagnosis or other factors, signs and symptoms of Lyme disease persist for long periods of time. These symptoms often overlap which create severe discomfort.
- Patients will experience some brain problems. These problems cause several symptoms to arise like migraines, brain fog, slurred speech, poor memory, inability to focus and concentrate, and disorientation or confusion.
- Problems of the central nervous system which create persistent symptoms like tingling and numbness, shooting pains, sore throat, twitching muscles, difficulties in swallowing and chewing, hoarseness and pain in the neck or the lower back.
- Muscles, bones and joints will experience constant cramps, stiffness, and aching pains that may be accompanied by swelling.
- Heart rate becomes too fast or too slow commonly accompanied by palpitations. Chest pain can also be experienced along with the swelling of the arteries and the heart muscles.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Skin will develop cysts and nodules that are benign along with rashes. Patients will feel small insects crawling all over the body and observe discoloration.
- Eye problems like inflammation, double and blurred vision, dry eyes, appearance of floaters and damage of the retina. Light sensitivity and seeing flashing lights can also be observed.
- Ears will constantly itch and ach. Patients often hear buzzing and ringing sounds and are very sensitive to any kind of sounds.
- Mild malfunctioning of the liver, spleen enlargement and tenderness, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and loss of appetite.
- Genitourinary tract problems like swelling of the bladder and the urethra, pain in the pelvis and testicles, and decreased libido.
- In general, patients will experience involuntary weight gain or loss, lack of stamina, anxiety, fatigue, and irritability.
Long Term Lyme Disease Treatment
- 28 days of antibiotics which can often extend to two to four weeks when specific symptoms persists like inflammation and tightening of the muscles and joints. Most often, the antibiotics are given intravenously.
- Marshall Protocol. This is a medical treatment method that helps the immune system kill the underlying cause of many chronic diseases.
- Ten grams of salt and vitamin C consumed daily can help manage symptoms.
- Rife machine treatment.
- Herbs and natural antibiotics like grapefruits seed extract, mild sliver protein, and mangosteen.
- Ozone therapy and hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
Long Term Lyme Disease Side Effects
- Lyme Arthritis
- Facial paralysis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Congestive heart failure and electrical abnormalities.
- Life threatening diseases that affect the heart, lungs, and the nervous system like meningitis and encephalitis can occur but is considered rare.