People who experience aching legs at night often complain of a few symptoms that include discomfort, cramping, prickling sensations, burning sensations, and tingling feelings. This often leads to sleepless nights and days where they are feeling fatigued from lack of sleep.
Causes of Aching Legs at Night
What causes aching legs at night and what can be done to remedy such a problem? Here are some possibilities:
- Varicose veins are sometimes the result of lack of blood flow to parts of the legs where these veins are present.
- Veins become swollen and obstruct blood flow causing a person to experience pain.
- Muscle cramps resulting to spasm and contraction.
- Restless leg syndrome can also bring about pain in your legs at night.
- Lack of vitamin B 12 and iron
- Other causes include nerve damage in the leg.
Home Remedies for Aching Feet at Night
If you lack sleep due to the pain you feel in your legs at night and you are looking for remedies, you might want to try some of these ideas:
- Mix together a couple of cloves of garlic with warm olive oil and massage these into your legs before going to bed.
- Wear warm pants over this before sleeping.
- Cod liver oil may help relieve you of leg pain at night so a couple of drops ingested before bedtime every night may help do the trick.
- Consume three to four walnuts with an empty stomach during the morning to relieve leg and knee pain throughout the day and even before sleeping.