The use of aloe vera for skin care is not a new discovery. Aloe vera has actually been used for thousands of years to help treat skin disorders and imperfections. In fact, it has been said that the ancient Greeks and even Cleopatra was said to have used this plant for treating skin problems with.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Your Skin
- Aloe vera can actually help expedite the healing process of wounds.
- This plant’s juices also help minimize the possibility of scarring of wounds.
- The plant’s juices can protect wounds on your skin from infection by destroying the bacteria that can be found on these cuts.
- Helps in skin rehydration and moisturizing.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Skin Care and Skin Problems
Aside from these obviously medicinal benefits you can get from aloe vera when used on cuts and wounds, here are some others:
- You can apply fresh aloe vera plant gel over your skin a few minutes before you bathe for a radiant skin.
- Use the gel of the aloe vera plant to help ease the burning sensation and to keep your skin from drying out due to sunburn.
- Also use gauze and tape when administering aloe vera on wound care.
- Also apply thin slices on skin for treating psoriasis.