Question: Is there any home treatment for ankylosing spondylitis? Any exercises or diet which can help or give relief from ankylosing spondylytis?
Answer: Ankylosing spondylitis is a progressive, inflammatory autoimmune disease which affects the spinal cord and the ileo-sacral joints, resulting in complete fusion of the spine. This causes rigidity and results in the condition refereed to as ‘Bamboo Spine’.
There is no cure for the condition and most of the available therapy is aimed at palliating the pain and stiffness.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment and Exercises
Here are a few natural herbs and home remedies for the condition,
- To alleviate the pain associated with the disorder dry ginger is has been found to have profound benefits.
- Boswellia serrata, a herb has been known to have anti arthritic properties and promotes the health of the joints.
- Tinospora cordifolia, is a natural herb which enhances the overall immunity of the body and aids in reducing pain associated with the condition
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables.
These are loaded with anti oxidents and have profound benefits on reducing pain and inflammatory action.
- Inclusion of walnuts, flax seeds, salmons, etc aids in reducing joint stiffness and pain. This is due to the ingredient Omega 3 oils, which are known to reduce inflammatory response and boost immunity.
- Garlic, coconut milk, beetroot, carrot juice and vegetable soup are also found to be beneficial
- Yoga, stretching exercises, physical therapy will aid in maintain the mobility of the joints and prevent stiffness.