Chest pain in women causes can indicate a few things. Here are some of the possibilities:
Causes Of Chest Pain In Women
- Chest pain due to acid reflux or heartburn when the acid in the stomach goes back up the esophagus
- Problems with stomach ulcers
- Arthritis of the cervical spine area
- Heart diseases
- Stress can also be the cause of chest pain
Cardiac or Not Cardiac
Before treatment for chest pain in females can be initiated, it is important to know what the origin is.
- Heart-related chest pains involve the feeling of heavy squeezing or compression on the chest.
- Cardiac chest pains often occur for one to two minutes.
- Chest pain in women originates in one specific part of the chest.
- Characterized by a sharp piercing pain that lasts no more than 15 seconds is often non-cardiac in nature.
- To know when to seek medical advise, observe the progression of the pain.
Treatments for Chest Discomfort in Females
- For heart attacks, it is important to keep regular administration of maintenance drugs for diagnosed cases.
- In angina cases, nitroglycerin tablets are effective.
- Angioplasty is given for cardiac cases.
- Medication is aimed at slowing down the heart rate and dilating the arteries.
- Treatment also includes supplemental oxygen to prevent blood clotting.