Question: I am 20years old and am suffering from menorrhagia since 2years not regularly but within these 2 years I’ve come across it 2nd time …whenever I’ve been through this phase it has taken up to 2-3 months…and I had safe sexual intercourses with condoms. I lost my virginity at the age of 18…please suggest me what should I do to overcome it..?
Answer: One of the most important causes of irregular bleeding is hormonal imbalance.
Diet, Treatment for Irregular Periods
Some simple recommendations which can be helpful to manage your condition include:
- Reduce the consumption of caffeine, alcohol or tobacco.
- Reduce the intake of highly saturated carbohydrates whilst concurrently increasing the intake of water. It is very important to remain hydrated. Avoid junk food, cheese, butter, fatty oils and meat.
- Increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Research studies have suggested that an increased blood flow is a sign of deficiency of essential minerals and vitamins like iron, bioflavonoids and Vitamin C.
- Yoga and Meditation have been found to be effective to fight stress and anxiety. Meditate for about 10-15 minutes each day. This will aid in improving your condition.
- Finally, it is important that you visit your gynecologist if the frequency or duration of menorrhagia increases in the future. It is important to get yourself thoroughly evaluated to avoid any complications of child bearing in the future.