I’m 26 years old and recently detected with severe cervical spondylitis. I had severe pain in my shoulders, numbness and pain in left leg and arm till the tip of my fingers. I have high blood pressure and headache. Feel giddy most of the time and sometimes I feel darkness in front of my eyes and I am about to faint.
Cervical Spondylitis Symptoms
You are too young to get all this conditions, but don’t get discouraged, if you modify your life style and follow a disciplined routine of taking medicines and exercise regularly; you will be relieved of the symptoms.
Since how many days you have been detected of hypertension? What is your blood pressure? Does any other person in your family suffer from hypertension?
Have you done any blood tests? If not than blood tests advised are serum lipid profile, and serum kidney profile. If you have done these tests let me know the reports for further evaluation.
Cervical Spondylitis Treatment
Certain precaution and treatment for cervical spondylitis and high blood pressure:
- Severe cervical spondylitis will cause radiating pain in your hands, with numbness and tingling in the hands.
- Cervical collar will help to reduce the neck mobility and give rest to the strained muscles of the neck.
- Cervical traction is another mode of physiotherapy treatment which can be under taken under a good physiotherapist.
- Hot water fomentation helps in relieving the stretched neck muscles
- Exercise: Rotating of the shoulder joints clock wise and anti