Question: I was told by my doctor after an X-ray that I had spondylosis 2 years ago, recently the aches and pains in my neck, shoulders and lower back are causing me to feel ill, tired and sore all the time, I’ve been told by my doctor to use good pillow to relieve my pain, but I feel this problem is becoming unbearable.
Answer: The pain in your neck and back may be due to cervical spondylosis, or it may be due to simple muscle spasm.
And this type of pain is very commonly encountered in day to day life by many persons.
For most people no specific reason is found causing cervical spondylosis. Neck pain can be due to injury, muscular spasm, compressed nerve or faulty sleeping posture or inappropriate working posture.
Cervical spondylosis is the degeneration of vertebra of the cervical spine. Due to the degenerative changes, muscles, ligaments, nerves may get irritated and cause pain.
Most Common Symptom Of Cervical Spondylosis
- Pain and stiffness in the neck
- Radiating pain in the hands, neck, shoulder and the base of the head
- Numbness in the tip of the finger
- Irritability and fatigue, disturbed sleep are other symptoms of cervical spondylosis
Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis Pain
- Simple neck exercise come handy to relieve the symptoms
- Turn your head towards left and then towards right side, rotate your shoulder joint in clockwise and anti clockwise direction without moving your chest.
- Do this exercise at least five times in a day.
- In some cases traction may be needed if the symptoms do not respond to simple neck exercise, it has to be done under the guidance of a physiotherapist.
- Rest to the neck movement by wearing soft cervical collar or a collar brace helps to relieve nerve irritation
- Alternative therapies like homeopathy has many remedies to treat the painful condition of the neck and back.
- They should be taken under the guidance of a homeopath.
With all the above treatment it is necessary to decrease your stress level and for this you can do meditation.