Question: How do I remove the dark stains I get in my underarms? Color of stain is black and brown. I would like to know home treatment for underarm stain removal naturally?
What Causes Armpit Stains
Answer: Stained underarms whether dark black or brown is the result of perspiration in many cases, and people who have it do feel embarrassed in their normal life, dark underarms are more apparent in fair individuals.
Dark underarms are caused by perspiration as a result of tight clothing and synthetic material.
Reaction due to underarm deodorants, improper removal of underarm hairs
Home Remedies to Remove Dark Underarm Stains
- The best home remedy is lemon, lemon is a natural bleaching agent, it can be applied on the skin by way of slice or lemon juice on the dark underarm.
- Wash it after half an hour.
- Paste made from 1 tsp of curd, 1tsp of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder and 2 tsp of milk. Apply the mixture on the armpit and keep it for 20 minutes. Wash it after 15 minutes. This mixture acts as a whitening agent in dark brown underarms.
- Rose water and sandalwood powder paste when applied on the dark brown armpits will make the stain lighter
- Vitamin E oil helps in reducing underarm darkness when applied regularly
- Dust Alum powder after bath under your arms to reduce perspiration
Steps To Prevent Dark (Black, Brown) Underarm Skin
- Wear cotton clothes and loose fitting clothes in summer season
- Do not use deodorant as an antiperspirant, instead use antifungal powder
- Do not cut your underarm hairs by razor, instead use waxing technique to remove underarm hairs.