Question: Hi I am a 14year old girl my menstruation period has been delayed from four months. What reasons can cause it as my weight is not reduced? What are the reasons and natural treatment for Delayed Menses in women?
Answer: Amenorrhea is a common and fairly distressing disorder in women in their reproductive age.
Delayed Menses Causes and Treatment
- The first and the foremost thing to do is to rule out a pregnancy.
- Use a urine pregnancy test if you suspect pregnancy
- Hormonal imbalance is a common cause of menstrual irregularities. You will have to get yourself thoroughly evaluated by your gynecologist
- Stress is an important contributing factor. Dietary irregularities, Anemia, etc also contribute to menstrual irregularities. De-stress yourself by indulging in yoga, meditation or a hobby that you like. Also ensure that your diet is well balanced and free from oily, fatty, spicy food.
- Reduce the intake of caffeine and tea.
- Increase the intake of green vegetables, fruits, fruit juices, etc along with cashew nuts, apricots, figs and resins.
- Weight gain is related to menstrual irregularities and in case of amenorrhea; it could be consequence or a cause for menstrual disturbance. It is best recommended that you visit your endocrinologist or gynecologist to aid in management of the condition.