I ate crab meat that was leftover for two days and now I have the worst stomach ache. What is causing this?
Food Poisoning Causes
Your stomach ache is the result of food poisoning due to eating a left over crab. Food poisoning occurs when you eat food contaminated with bacteria or virus or toxins.
- Abdominal pain
These are some of the signs of food poisoning, it occurs due to improper storage of food and in summer when the bacteria multiply fast due to suitable environment for them. Common bacterial toxins are: E coli, salmonella spp, shigella spp, v. cholerae. Depending on the symptoms and the severity of the poisoning your health care provider may give you antibiotics and antispasmodics if needed.
Also read about Stomach Pain under Right Rib Cage
Food Poisoning Home Remedies
Certain home remedies may also give relief:
- Take a peppermint oil capsule, this helps in relieving heart burn and stomach ache
- A tea spoon of ginger juice with honey will aid in soothing your stomach
- Wear loose clothing around your stomach
- Apply paste made of asafetida on the abdomen in cases of abdominal pain
- Take liquid diet for a day, and then gradually eat solid food as the pain becomes less
- If the pain and other symptoms become worse it is advisable to consult a physician.
Also see Food Poisoning from Shrimp