Hemorrhoids (or piles) are the anal veins that have become engorged and swollen. Hemorrhoids cause immense pain, rectal bleeding, burning, itching, inflammation, irritation and sometimes prolapse of the rectal tissue.
There are a host of causative factors for hemorrhoids, the commonest being, chronic constipation, excessive straining at stool, pregnancy, chronic diarrhea, and diarrhea alternating with constipation, and a diet that is lacking ion fiber.
Hemorrhoids Home Remedy
The following are very effective home remedies for piles / hemorrhoids:
- Baking soda: apply some baking soda around the anus; it helps manage itching associated with hemorrhoids.
- Onion and honey: grate an onion and add a spoon of honey, place this over a cotton pad and apply on the hemorrhoids for 2 hours.
- Vitamin E: applying vitamin E oil to the anal area affords immense pain relief.
- Aloe Vera gel: soothes the pain and inflammation that occurs in piles.
- Dried mango seed is an amazing home remedy for bleeding and painful hemorrhoids. Take about 2 grams of powdered mango seed along with honey. It helps improve bowel movement, prevents constipation and reduces pressure on the piles.
Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids Or Piles
Follow these simple and easy to do measures and dietary changes to mange piles successfully:
- Check constipation. Drink lots of water every day, and make sure you have foods that supply generous doses of dietary fiber. These add bulk to the stool and aid in easy and smooth passage of the feces; thereby cutting the risk of painful hemorrhoids. Steer clear of aerated drinks, caffeine and alcohol.
- Do away with oily food, refined and processed food, and junk food from the daily diet. Opt for nutritious and wholesome options such as whole wheat, oats, fresh vegetables and fruits, dates, dried figs and nuts.
- Do not indiscriminately use laxatives.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights and avoid sitting / standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Apply Witch hazel to the hemorrhoids affected area using a toilet paper. Witch Hazel is known to be a natural astringent that reduces inflammation, swelling, pain and discomfort.
Bleeding Piles Home Treatment
- Witch hazel, aloe vera or apple cider vinegar application to the bleeding hemorrhoid stops the bleeding immediately and prevents infection from occuring.
- Applying an ice pack to the anus helps allay pain, swelling and swiftly and effectively.
- Homeopathy drugs are known to afford wonderful respite from piles. Consulting a practitioner is recommended.
- Use disposable baby wipes to clean after a bowel movement; they are gentler than the toilet paper and prevent bleeding.
- Sit on a hemorrhoid cushion; it relieves pressure on the hemorrhoids and consequently checks bleeding.
Read more on Hemorrhoids Treatments
- Rinse affected area with Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water several times a day.
- For external hemorrhoids, smooth on Linseed Oil several times a day. If the piles are internal, take a teaspoon of Linseed Oil several times a day.
- Apply Borax and water mixed to piles. You could also try sitting on a cloth saturated with this solution.
- An enema of Whole Flaxseed is very soothing. Apply when liquid is warm, not hot.
- You can apply chopped Garlic in the rectal area and rest several hours then rinse clean; finish with an application of Almond Oil.
- One internal treatment is to take teaspoons of Molasses and butter right before going to bed; take hot.
- External application of Aloe Vera Juice helps reduce inflammation and brings cooling relief.
- Sit in a warm bath of Chamomile Tea followed by an application of pure Petroleum Jel.
Some more external applications
1) Yarrow Herb
2) Witch Hazel
3) Weak warm bath in Epsom Salts
4) Sage and Garden Parsley Tea bath
5) Pumpkin Seed Oil, Fireweed Oil, Horsemint Oil, and Linseed Oil mixed together and applied several times a day.
6) An application of Olive Oil several times a day.