People who have problems with whiteheads or blackheads may find that using certain home remedies can actually do the trick better than OTC treatments.
Causes of Whiteheads and Blackheads
Whiteheads and blackheads are actually part of the many different kinds of acne that people suffer from and their causes can include the following:
- Sleeping with your makeup on can actually bring about the creation of whiteheads or blackheads.
- Not removing dirt and dust from an oily face can actually trigger the creation of blackheads and whiteheads.
- People who love to experiment with facial products may find themselves with these on their face if these products clog up the pores of your face.
Home Remedies for Whiteheads and Blackheads
- Simply use a few teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and a piece of cotton to dab on these whiteheads and blackheads with a few times a day.
- What you need to do is to simply dab a small amount of honey on these spots, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash off with warm water.
- To make a gentle exfoliating paste, combine equal parts of water and baking soda in the palm of your hand and rub on the areas of your face with whiteheads and blackheads.
- Always keep your face clean to prevent blackhead- and whitehead-causing particles and bacteria from infecting the face.