Question: Is lemon water is good for a patient who is suffering with increase of Uric acid
How to Lower Elevated Uric Acid Levels
Answer: Yes, lemon juice is a fairly effective home remedy in the management of high levels of Uric Acid. The consumption of lemon juice stimulates the formation of calcium carbonate in the body which aids in alleviating symptoms of pain which are fairly common in gout. Here are a few dietary tips which can be beneficial,
- Avoid proteins, food with concentrated carbohydrates and fats, coffee and alcohol.
- These foods tend to increase the levels of uric acid in the blood
- Baking soda between meals aids in increasing alkalinity of the body which in turn aids in preventing gout
- Alfalfa is packed with minerals and nutrients and would aid in reducing the serum uric acid levels
- Fresh juice of black cherries can aid in management of elevated levels of uric acid. Blueberries and white flannel has potential benefits in the management of elevated levels of uric acid
- Fruits like strawberries, apples and grapes have been found to have profound beneficial effect in management of high uric acid condition.
- Ensure that your daily diet comprises of at least one of these fruits
- Avoid meat, pulses and cereals. These are high in protein concentration and can cause problems. Limit the intake of milk and diary products. Concurrently increase the intake of water, which will aid in flushing out toxins from the blood.