Having a dark skin is considered less beautiful in many cultures. In the case of women, the truth of this statement is even greater because dark skin limits the range of makeup and cosmetic products that can be applied. While spas and beauty centers offers various services aimed at giving one a fairer complexion, these are very expensive, not to mention the risks involved.
Tips to Get Fair Skin Naturally
So to be safer and minimize costs, you should try any of the following home remedies for fairer skin:
- Dry orange peelings in the sun. Once dried, blend the peelings until it becomes powdery. Add fresh milk into the peelings until a paste is formed. Apply this paste to the face and other parts of the body before going to bed or anytime of the day and leave it for at least 15 minutes. This is known to be effective in achieving fairer skin complexion.
- Rub freshly peeled potatoes on the area that one desires to whiten.
- Make a paste by soaking almonds overnight in water. By the following morning, peels off the skin of the almond, grounding it then add honey. Apply on the face and arms then rub it off once dried. Alternatively, one may use almond oil, although the resulting product is an oily liquid that will be applied to the areas to be treated by using cotton.
- One may also try making a paste by mixing sandalwood powder, lemon juice, tomato juice, and cucumber juice. Apply to the skin and rub off when it dries. Regular application of this result to fairer skin complexion in a matter of a few weeks.
- Another paste that one can prepare at home is mixing gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, a few drops of lemon juice, and a few drops of milk cream. This mixture can be applied all over the body. Most of those who try this treatment is apply the paste before taking a bath and wash it off while taking a bath.
- Apply fresh slices of cucumber on the face. Just like with potato, cucumber is known for its bleaching agents that create a fair complexion on the areas treated.
- Lime juice is natural bleach. One may opt to apply it directly or may use it to mix with other substances, especially in making a paste.