Rashes are tiny clusters of dots or large patches on the skin that are characterized by soreness, itchiness, stinging, and painless sensations.
Common Causes of Rashes
Rashes are commonly caused by the following:
- Allergic reaction to irritants such as poison ivy, chemicals present in detergents, and other external allergy-causing stimuli.
- Air pollution and chemicals present on perfumes, sunscreens, hair products, and other cosmetics.
- One of the common causes of rashes is the intolerance of the body to some fabric materials.
- Allergic reaction to latex during surgical procedures or using condoms. The use of rubber hand gloves can also cause rashes when the person is allergic to latex.
- Rashes can also be due to chicken pox, athlete’s foot, or other forms of infection.
- The presence of parasites in the body
Home Remedies for Body Rashes
- Boil a cup of water and mix it with two to three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers. Wash the affected area with the boiled water for immediate relief.
- Directly apply olive oil on the rash.
- Aloe vera gel when applied topically on the skin is also proven effected to treat rashes.
- Make a paste out of baking soda and water and apply on affected region.
- Apply paste made out of oatmeal and water.
- Increase your consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C.