Question: I am suffering from jaundice from 8 months of hepatitis ‘a’ first it was 16% and gradually it reduced to 1.3% after 2 months I was started to eat everything (except non-veg) after I was found it was now increased to 2.7% and my LFT report is 2.1% direct bilirubin- 0.8% indirect bili…- 0.4% sgpt – 43 sgot – 51 please give me suggestion to complete cure to it.
Diet and Food for Jaundice
Answer: In order to reduce the symptoms of jaundice and to ensure a complete cure, here are a few tips that you need to follow.
Unfortunately, you will have to ensure that you make dietary corrections to ensure that the condition improves.
- Avoid high fat and high carbohydrate foods. Don’t consume oily and spicy foods. Restrict the intake of butter, cheese, fat, meat, etc.
- Your diet needs to be rich in dietary fiber and should comprise of vegetables, fruits, figs, etc. Avoid aerated drinks, junk food, chips, fried food, etc
- Fruit juices and vegetable soup will be very beneficial for your condition.
- They are easy to digest and provide the body with all the essential nutrition required to hasten recovery from the condition.
- Eating outside food needs to be avoided completely. Ensure that your diet is cooked at home and is low in fats and carbohydrates.
- There are several liver products available in the market which can aid in improving the condition of jaundice. The use of LIV 52 is highly recommended, as it provides nutritional support to the liver during jaundice.
- Evaluate your bilirubin levels on regular basis. Don’t try to change your dietary habits too soon.
- Also avoid alcohol and smoking as they can interfere with the ability of the liver to recover.