Leg Numbness and Tingling Symptoms
Leg numbness and tingling are characterized by the following symptoms:
- Difficulty in moving your legs and limbs
- Pain when you try to move your legs
- Stiffness of the muscles
- Inability to feel anything using your legs
Causes of Numbness and Tingling Of Legs
The leg numbness causes include:
- Normal sign of aging process.
- Poor sleeping position
- Poor blood circulation
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sitting or squatting for prolonged periods
- Crossing of the legs when sitting
- Sitting on the foot
- Excessive smoking
- Wallet or materials placed in your back pocket
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Home Remedies for Leg Numbness and Tingling
What to Do When Your Feet Goes Numb
Some of the home remedies for numb and tingling legs that you can apply include:
- Avoid sitting for long hours.
- Shift your sitting position every now and then. When you start feeling leg numbness and tingling, move your leg to allow proper blood circulation.
- You should stop smoking if you do not want to experience leg numbness and tingling. Smoking damages the nerves and impairs blood circulation.
- Make sure that you do not have thick objects such as wallets, pocket books, address books and notebooks placed on your back pocket.
- Maintain a proper position whether you are sleeping or just sitting. Avoid positions that would prevent normal blood circulation such as cross legging or sitting on your foot.
- Exercise regularly to ensure that your nerves will function perfectly.
Also see Tingling in Arms