Question: I have a pain in my lower back specially when I am praying and bending my back, i am feeling pain in my back
- What is your age?
- Since when have you been complaining of back pain?
- Is the pain associated with radiating pain down to the feet?
- Do you have any symptoms of tingling numbness in your feet?
Treatment for Lower Back Pain Relief
Here are a few tips to manage back pain.
- Ensure that you sleep on a flat mattress.
- It is of utmost importance that your spine is erect most of the times. Avoid slouching while sitting or working on the computer
- Regular and sustained exercises like bending forward, bending backwards and sideways will aid relieve the pain. Begin with a few exercises and increase gradually. Don’t try them if the pain is excruciating
- Calcium is important to fight osteoporosis, which is a frequent cause of back pain. Ensure that your diet is rich in milk and diary products, green leafy vegetables, cashew nuts, almonds, apricots, etc.
- Alternatively, you could try calcium supplements to compensate for the deficiency.
- It is important that you get an X ray of the Lumbar spine done. It will help in determining the underlying pathology. There can be several causes to back pain which may include slip disc, fracture or mere osteoporosis. Subsequent management will depend on the cause.