Cloudy Musty Smelling Urine Causes
If you find yourself with musty smelling urine, you might want to schedule a visit to your doctor soon. Here are some of the ailments that can be one of the causes of musty smelling urine
- If you find that you have cloudy musty smelling urine, there is a chance that you are suffering from metabolic disorders like an ailment called phenylketonuria (PKU).
- This is an indicator of liver problems or liver diseases.
- Bacterial infection in the urinary tract can also cause urine odor.
- Caused by the food that enters the body so this may not be a cause for worry.
- Eating asparagus can make your urine smell musty.
What To Do For Musty Smelling Urine
If experiencing pungent musty smell in urine, here are some tips to help remedy it:
- First determine whether you have eaten something that made your urine smell that way or certain medications or supplements have been taken to make urine cloudy and musty smelling.
- Visit a doctor to get proper diagnosis. Once you are diagnosed, you will be given the appropriate medication for what you are suffering from.
- Take medications to help treat this, and these include Bumex, Burinex, and Bumetanide that are usually prescribed for liver or kidney problems.
- Avoid alcohol and excess salt and sugar when you are being treated for liver problems.
- Drink adequate amount of water to reduce the likelihood and severity of urine odor and other underlying problems.